Cycle-R is a registered charity based in the centre of Cannock, Staffordshire. The purpose of Cycle-R is fourfold:
- Through recycling donated bikes, we provide training, qualifications and work experience to long-term unemployed and youth groups of various types with the aim of actually getting them back to work.
- We provide low-cost, high quality refurbished bikes to low-income families and persons who may need them.
- We encourage cycling as a sport around Cannock, including the provision and maintenance of facilities for bicycling in and around Cannock.
- We support the ecology of Cannock Chase by providing recycling facilities for items that would otherwise be scrapped.
- We sell these bikes and spares, as well as running a maintenance service, from our shop in High Green Court.